Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
I don't think so really. Each year has it's good & bad. And some of what you have written is political so it's subjective i.e. not too many Trump fans are thinking it's good.

Politics is swings & roundabouts.

New Labour shat all over uni students by allowing unis to charge up to x so they all went for the top amount. They kept on closing my local cottage hospital (long term Labour council too) despite a residents group fighting it after the Tories started it off. They took us into an illegal war. They gave us the gift that was ATOS assessments.

Forgetting Brown we then get Call Me Dave. He let IDS take a great big dump all over disabled people for years until he ran like a baby when his EU referendum gamble backfired on him. We had the coalition with the LibDems and Cable flogging off Royal Mail for bargain bucket prices to the rich.

Then comes May. Nuff said really. The most pointless PM probably in history. She resided over the Windrush scandal which was a disgrace.

Now we have bumbling Boris. Not doing too well with covid. Losing his hard-line support over Brexit as he keeps pushing back his deadlines with the EU.

Now someone can right an exact opposite to all of that telling us why those years were great. I could put some there myself (well, maybe not for May and little for Boris). Some of those years were all gravy to some, it just depends on your political leanings.

US members could do the same, surely? For a start we had the illegal war with Bush Jr.

Cummings is just a hate figure to some but won't he just be replaced with one of the many waiting in his wake? If the vote had gone the other way we would have had Milne, Murphy and Lansman (not forgetting Len). All as bad?
You're right Terry, politics is swings and roundabouts, and it's probably only a matter of time before Biden and Co start getting it in the neck from all the 'know-it-alls' of this world.

Why don't we just reinstate John Major as PM? After all he presided over most of those good ol' days of the 90s and appears to be considered the least evil PM of the past 50 years!!