Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
It is easy to fall into the trap of blaming everything on the AD, but not everything you're experiencing is necessarily down to the fluoxetine. Anxiety may be a driver of some of it too, perhaps the main one.

If you're having trouble sleeping then a dose of the otc antihistamine Benadryl containing diphenhydramine as the active ingredient an hour before bed may help as it is mildly sedating - so don't drive until you work out how it affects you. You could also try taking it instead of alprazolam (Xanax) for anxiety. Alternatively, ask your doctor to prescribe *hydroxyzine, a stronger antihistamine with good anti anxiety properties. It isn't as potent as alprazolam, but it may be potent enough to make a substantial difference.

*Hydroxyzine comes in two forms, hydroxyzine pamoate (Vistaril) and hydroxyzine hydrochloride (Atarax). Anecdotally, the pamoate form is claimed to be the more effective anxiolytic, but just how true this is remains a matter of debate in forums.

It almost always is, but as with so much in life, there is no 100% guarantee.
You’re definitely right! I think a lot of this crap stems from the heightened anxiety. I also can talk myself into having basically any symptom, too. I’m just REALLY, really kicking myself for going off of Prozac the 10 other times I did because this crap is debilitating!

I did have one good day on the 14th, so 2 days ago. And I’m finally starting to eat more regularly now! Also having a really good night right now since I ate dinner... I think a lot of this also has to do with the fact that I’ve barely been eating. My BP and blood sugars are probably so low and like wtf lol. My main worry right now is diabetes! All of these side effects can be diabetes and it freaks me out! Diabetes symptoms don’t just come and go, though, right?