Thread: very anxious again

very anxious again

Hi after having had anxiety for around five months i have just had quite a good four weeks of managable symptoms and really thought i was on the mend. Until last wednesday where i could feel myself coming into a bad spell. I have now become anxious again with the sweaty palms and feet , churning stomach etc. But the most upseting thing is that during the good spell i manged to sleep again at night , about six hours , but now i am having trouble sleeping all over again manging around three or four hours before waking. I have just started my fourth month on 20mg of citalopram and i am taking vitamin b complex and omega3 , manesium and calcium. I am wondering if my meds are working and how long will i be on them. I went to the doctors while on my good spell and she gave me another two months worth and i really thought i was getting over it untill this week. I just feel really low and desperate at the moment.

Hi Robbo,

Sorry to hear you are having a bad few days, but remember it is just a 'blip' on the road to recovery.

Stay focused and positive, the 'blips' along the way just make us stronger people.

Take care,
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Roby

Well done on all the progress and improvements. Keep hold of that - you are not reverting back to the begiining just having a blip which is the normal way of improving.

Try to figure out what started this blip off..

worried to get better!?!?
    home truths
    why me. this ruins my life.
    Shocks in head
    How to CURE yourself ! The definitive guide here..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Robbo

As the others have said I'm sure this is just a blip and you will come out of this.

I personally don't think this dull weather helps us anxiety sufferers either, can make you feel very low.

Take care

Elaine x

Hi Robbo
    Sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good. I am on Citalapram as well, just had it increased although I am not sure if it's helping my anxiety.
    Take care and I hope this little phase will pass and you get back on track.
    Yvonne

Y Goble

Hi Robbo

This is basically what is called a Setback and is something that believe it or not is good to go through in order to achieve complete recovery. I know how hard it is (god knows I know!) because I am also in setback at the moment. Two weeks ago I thought I had cracked it - sleeping well, waking well with just the odd symptom - now however I feel as though I am back at square one. But what I have to remember (and you do also) is that you have come out of this before - you know the way out and you can do it again. Each time this happens (and I expect it to happen to me on more than one occassion) it will become easier and easier for us to recognise how we got into setback and what we need to do in order to get out of it. This is a learning curve (quite a painful one) but we will all get there Robbo and our final reward will be complete recovery. Stay focused, try to remain positive (she tells herself) and try to change those negative thoughts (thats what I'm working on at the moment).

Sorry I can't help with the meds.

It might help you to read this if you haven't already done so:-

How to cope with Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD

Take care and stick with it. It can be done - others have done it and so there is no reason why you or I can't!

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

Hi Robbi

It is very difficult to go ten steps forward and twenty back, I think when I first started on the same medication as you I did exactly the same it has taken me a long time to realise that this is to do with how you feel at the time ! it is possible thast something stressful has happened recently which could make you feel this way !

Dont ever give into it ! you will pull through this one and you will get better each time you have that set back as long as you dont give into it !

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

Robbo

Don't think that you are going backwards. This could just be a bad patch and will blow over soon.

Hope you feel better soon.

Nicola

Many thanks for all of the replies i have recieved. I am now really trying to change my way of thinking. I need to think more positively and think of `nice` thoughts instead of constantly analizing how i feel and what symptoms i have and when will it all go.
    thanks for giving me the shake that i needed.
    I went for a meal last night with my girlfriend and some freinds and although i was worrying beforehand about going dizzy or having a panic i actually had a nice time and stayed out till about 1.00am which i havent done for a while now. Bit annoying that because i cant drink (meds) i have to have softys but at least it took my mind of things and it reminded me of the person i used to be before this all started.
    I have promised myself to get out a lot more and not to dwell on my symptoms.

many thanks

Robbo x

Hey Robbo

Good for you .. new vision...

Glad you had a good time last night !

You can drink a bit with SSRI's but keep it in moderation. I gave up all alcohol for 3/4 months as it affected me badly when I was acute but it wasn't for the meds.

Alcohol and medication
    MEDS AND ALCOHOL
    PTSD and Alcohol (UPDATE)
    Alcohol?
    Self destruct

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information