Thread: Headaches, Help!

Headaches, Help!

For the past couple of years Ive been suffering from problems in my head. It all started when my uncle died of a brain haemhorrage in December 02 and since then I started getting headaches.

I started going to see the Doctor in Jan 04 and he said I had anxiety and put me on diazepam for a couple of weeks then i ended up of Fluoxetine for over a year, which i came off last June.

Symptoms i get are..
    * Pressure in and around the head
    * Bad headaches
    * Feels like blood is warming up in the head
    * Dizzyness / feelings of unreality
    * Pins and needles feeling in head / Electric shock sensations
    * Feeling as my head in too heavy, need to keep it up all the time
    * When i worry my head sort of spasms.. this is only in the night when i am trying to sleep but all i can think of is a tumor etc
    * Feeling nervous and shaky
    * Indigestion / Heartburn - can't breathe
    But it's mainly the pains in my head etc that i worry about, also sometimes i feel as though i'm losing my memory or find it hard to concentrate. I find myself sqinting my eyes a lot and raising my eyebrows to massage the pain. Also I put my hair into a hairband and keep tightening it to divert some kind of feeling to another part of my head. Its mainly on the top of my head, also my eyes feel dry.
    Sorry to go on and on!! /

The doc said it is not a tumor, it is all down to stress and burning the candle at both ends. Through the summer i felt fine but since around the end of October its all gone downhill and im constanly worrying about health again.. I have horrible thoughts and it scares me.
    Also ill buy a magazine or something, turn to a random page and itll have something like "I survived a brain tumor" or ill turn the tv on and it'll be like "Such and such has died of a brain haemhorrage" .. I know im not the only person (infact theres about 10 million) watching the tv or reading the same mag but it feels as though eveything is directed at u for some reason!
    Has anyone else had any of these kind of symptoms?
    Any support is much appreciated!!

~*Rachel*~

hi there i also suffer from a bad head nowadays due to a family friend dieing of a brain hamrodge (can never spell) and since then ive had a massive fear of it. so i know how you feel. add me to msn if u want maybe we could help each other take care Jo x

rachael

i have constant headaches, but because i fear my heart i cope with the headaches but not the chest pain. it is that which we fear the most that grabs our attention, that is why your head gets all your focus. there is heart relatec problems in our family s o this is why and this is why your head hurts so.

try not too focus on it too much [says her sitting here holding her chest]. i no its hard but ill try if you all do.

hope this helps

jackie

Thread Information