Thread: Its been awhile - please help

Its been awhile - please help

Its been awhile since I posted and im ashamed to say its because I was feeling a bit better. I was dealing much better with the depersonalization and actually going out on my own. My confidance was coming back albeit slow. However, three days ago I started feeling quite crappy again. I started having depersonalization thoughts quite strongly. Then literally two minutes later I started my period. I have been crying at the drop of a hat and generally feeilng very uncomfortable with my thoughts. After going weeks without a panic attack, Ive had a couple instances where I almost went into a panic attack. I feel quite detached again and I feel myself slipping back into those yucky feelings again. Quite depressed as well. I feel like I have a traffic jam in my head. I cant keep any thoughts, I feel very confused and overwhelmed again. Could this all be from my period? Was it just a fluke that I was starting to feel better? Thank you as always for you kind words and advice. Love Chrissy[:I]

It sounds periody/hormonal to me. I am always worse when I've got mine.

The fact that things have been good is brilliant and this is just a blip - it will pass. You've had a taste of normality so it seems awful to feel a bit rubbish again because you forget how bad you actually felt before.

Don't push yourself or expect to much, just accept it as a side effect of period and it will pass.

Annie x x

Hey Chrissy

Thats great news. Remember that the road to improving includes many bumps and this is one blip. The fact that you've had some better days is fab and the start of things to come

Yes, hormones can make you much worse temporarily.

worried to get better!?!?
    home truths
    why me. this ruins my life.
    Shocks in head
    How to CURE yourself ! The definitive guide here..
    THE FINAL STEP TO RECOVERY

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Dear Dagogirl,
    I totally understand where you are coming from - I was on this site earlier this week complaining about virtually the same symptoms. I have been doing well for a long time now but always suffer just before my period and for the first few days of menstruation. I was crying, felt spaced out, felt shaky/panicky etc but I am glad to say I feel loads better now and have been back to normal the last couple of days. It didn't help that me and my husband had an argument at the weekend either. I am sure your symptoms will soon pass and you'll be making steps forward again. When I am on a period, the symptoms seem to come in waves, just try and let them come, don't resist and they will crash away (like waves on the beach). That's how I try to deal with it.
    Its made me more determined to deal with my periods more effectively next month - I am going to take some supplements too.
    Hope you are feeling better soon,
    Lots of love,
    Fradycat xxxx

chrissy you were feeling better because you had started to accept. accept this setback too as another crucial step to recovery. yes the period thing can affect, accept it too and let time pass until this too passes

hope im not preaching

jackie

hi ya

the other are right you know, i get wosr near to my period and druing hope you feel beeter soon keep us posted.

amanda x

Chrissy

Try to be kind on yourself and don't see this as a set-back, it is just a blip.

Yes you are probably hormonal as well so that won't help.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Nicola

I'ma bloke so i don't have the whole period thing to deal with, but I can tell you that what your feeling is normal.

I started taking Citalopram at around the same time as you did (reading your old posts, I've been on it about 8 weeks, just about to finish the 9th) and for the last 5 weeks I've been doing much better. But the last 3 days I have gone back down again. I know this is only a blip and I will get better slowly, but it's really hard to pick yourself back up.

It always comes better when you are positive. you were positive to start and a blip sends you back negative thinking. I have had the last few days feeling good after a shocker and each day I kind of start to feel bad again but I think it is merely the thoughts and then the dp comes back (i get the sme badly). So the last few days I keep thinking positive and nip the negative thoughts in the bud as soon as I notice them and it comes good again.

I thought I would have a terrible day today and thought I was gioing mad again and I thought I had been kidding myself and forcing to be happy but I actually think positive again this arvo and then tonight I even went out for a drive . I got lost in my own street and could not work out where I was. My heart dropped, nothing famililar, feeling weird, hard to breathe and said to my mate "what did I just say - am I making sense -" as I could hear myself talking but going on and on I felt abou nothing and he said "what do you mean - you told me a story" _ it is all in our heads. I was going to go home as I felt scared and wanted valium but I didnt.....

I went back to positive thinking and thought who cares, we all daydream at times and the terrifying thoughts and DP went

Hard to do but I am getting good at it and seeing my negative thougths fast and how they impact me and the way I feel.

Its just a blip and you will feel good again - just be confident!

The blips are getting shorter and shorter! You can have a setback or relapse without getting a bit better in the first place [xx(]

Cheers and I hope that muddle made sense - sorry it is 1am here [:I]
    P.S. I am not female but I know that period brings on stress and undoubetly more anxiety at times so it is ok and normal for sure.
    Paul

Learning to under react

Thread Information