Thread: Feelings of Loss of Control and Endlessness

Feelings of Loss of Control and Endlessness

Ok, I posted a comment some months ago. I am back and would like to ask if anyone has experienced this feeling of being "STUCK" in yourself and that you are falling deeper and deeper into some mental illness such as paranoia or dementia? One of my biggest fears with mental illness and loss of my mental functions. I have OCD as well and am back in the throngs of intense anxiety but I feel different nowadays. Ihave the panic attacks and what not but what scares me more, is for instance-I will be sitting watching TV and all of a sudden I start feeling hollow and unreal and then I force myself to say a word outloud or move to make sure I am still 'with it'. I then begin to obsess that this is the end and I am going deeper and deeper into insanity and at some point I may not come back so to speak. It's terrifying! I may or may not have any physical symptoms but I generally start panicking inside. That is the only way to explain it. Nothing seems REAL and everything seems fake! I feel so odd and it seems hopeless and endless. It's just terrible to deal with as I can start feeling this way out of the blue. I am starting to fear being alone as I live alone, because I am afraid I am heading into complete and utter insanity and I just lost my job that I got 5-6 months ago. I am terrified but am trying to get a grasp is--those feelings just insanity or signs of something? I would almost rather have panic attacks than this--atleast I know what is happening with those! Someone, help--what weird feelings do tothers have? I notice the only thing that helps is to focus on somehting other than myself.....then in a bit, I start to feel in myself and OK again......what is this? HOW CAN ALL OF THIS CRAP JUST BE ANXIETY AS I HAVE BEEN TOLD.....also, it used to help knowing others have this prob' but it doesn't anymore! It's like it 's not comforting anymore...........:(

Star_let24

Hi Starlet

I can so relate to your post..... I get totally the same symptoms, Sometimes I even have to pinch myself to check that I m still here and with it, I walk around and feel that I am looking in on everyone else, its awful and really feel for you
    Are you having any counselling?
    Take Care
    Wendy x

WOW! hardly no one experiences this I guess! Atleast I know you do Wendy! It kinda makes me feel worse the fact that no one really responded to my post as if I am really weird or something. But to answer your ?-NO I am not in counseling. I have never been in counseling but lately have wondered if it MIGHT help. I am not too sure. How about you? Are you in therapy? What helps you?

Starlet[8D]

Yeah, I know what you mean about the hollow feeling. It's like deep depression but with no emotion at all. Felling sad and suicidal, I think, would feel better than this horrible emptiness.
    You're not alone although it's a very lonely felling

Thread Information