Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dizziness help please

dizziness help please

hi i am new to this forum. my name is chris. im 16 years old and starting a few weeks ago ive been feeling really really awful. i was walking home from my friends house and i was feeling fine until i got home and i sat down on my couch, and i felt lightheaded. i thought maybe it was just me being tired or something. but it lasted for weeks and weeks. i never really goes away but it used to get not as bad and i was able to handle it well for a few weeks. i was actually starting to feel better the last few days and then starting yesterday it just got a lot worse. i was thinking maybe im just going through bad days and ill go back to having a good day soon enough. but i couldnt take it and i went to see my doctor. she asked me a few things and did an ekg and shes sending me to a pyschiatrist to evalute and officially diagnose me with an anxiety disorder. my doctor says she thinks its definitely anxiety and she just has to send me to a pyschiatirst cause im only 16, but she said if i was 20 she wouldve started me on something today. my worst symptom is this hard to explain feeling. its a dizzy feeling but not spining around dizzy. its like im very lightheaded and everything feels very unreal. its the most horrible feeling in the world and i feel like im disabled. does anyone else know of this or have it, and has anyone had any success or overcoming of it or any advice? please anything help would be appreciated greatly.thanks

Hi, violents0ciety1. I´m no doctor but i´v read that Lightheadedness happens when there is not enough blood getting to the brain. This can happen if there is a sudden drop in your blood pressure or you are dehydrated from vomiting, diarrhea, fever, or other causes. More serious conditions that can lead to lightheadedness include heart problems (such as abnormal heart rhythm or heart attack), stroke, and severe drop in blood pressure (shock). ¿how´s your blood pressure?

Hi Violent Society,
    I know exactly what you are going through, I started having these feeling when I was around your age, just came on out of the blue and I still get them to this day, like the floor is moving and coming up towards you, then some days everything is fine, then it comes back again and scares the wits out of you, so you are not alone. CBT Talking Treatments may do you some good though. Medication may help you, but there again, may leave you feeling worse, just take it step by step. I hope you are feeling better soon.

my blood pressure is fine and it always has been fine i got it checked just today. i have no fever. i did have an ekg exam today and my heart beats fast. i always have thoughts though that maybe enough blood doesnt go to my head or something. i also think sometimes that i dont breathe correctly and that my body doesnt breathe correctly by itself, even when im not conscious of my breathing, like when im sleeping. is that even possible? i would like to hope it isnt. i also yawn a lot and i feel tired very often as well as very weak. i sometimes get shaky. i have panic attacks from time to time and its really scary. i lose my beathe and hyperventilate. this usually happens when water pours over the back of my head in the shower, i run into someone on the street without knowing and after walking up a lot of stairs/running. i also feel depressed, but i think it might be cause of the feeling so badly all the time. i also guess its good to mention that my dad took paxil for a few years for panic attacks. i just want to feel better quickly and i really just want the dizziness to go away cause its very disabling and i feel like i cant do anything at all, and im only 16. i already failed exams because of this feeling. i cannot live like this much longer its so stressfull.

and to lu03cr: how long have you had the feeling for. does it ever go away completely? did you ever get any help or meds that worked?

Hi Chris - I've just replied to you on your other post.
    Love Helen

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends. Below are some links on dizzyness hope they help :

Spaciness
    Light Headed
    dizzyness
    Jules31
    Light Headed
    Very dizzy
    help :(
    vertigo, diziness
    Vertigo type sensations
    New to this site and need some advice :(
    Is my head normal???
    Anxiety + Panic + Stress + Dizziness + some relief
    Dizziness - I hate it, any help?

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hi, I really know how you feel. Its like you know you have to calm down and accept the symptoms, but you can't until you know when/how they're going to end. However there are quite a few people on this board who have this constant dizziness, and also people who have had it in the past and got rid of it. I am taking ginger capsules and I think they're helping to some extent, and I'm going to try a homeopathic remedy called cocculus compositum, I'll let u know if it helps! As your dizziness is of the lightheaded type it could well be your breathing, (the yawning supports this as yawning makes u take a deep breath) which is a good thing as you can train yourself to breathe more healthily (through the nose and longer outbreaths I think is reccommended in yoga) you have to concerntrate on it at first but eventually it should become automatic, although being anxious obviously makes it a lot harder

Hi Violent Society,
    In response to your question. I have had this for 20-23 years! Just being honest! Yes it does make you feel disabled because you feel imbalanced most of the time, I do understand what you are going through there.
    No, it never really goes away, it is always there in some shape or form some days it seems to be away, I also get the yawning thing when I feel panicked and the breathless when going up lots of stairs and feeling as if i cannot stand still long enough to see someone on the streets etc. I have tried a few medications, namely Prozac and Effexor, but only took a few and they made me feel so much worse, I am about to go back for some Talking Treatment. Look after yourself. Lucy.

Hi Chris, I've replied to your other posts too re dizziness. i have had vertigo for 20 years. I took meds for it but it didn't help as much as the balance retraining i had 4 years ago. There are exercises that i did that brought on dizziness in a controlled way. Also exercises to release tension in your neck and shoulders that can affect the blood supply to balance mechanism in the ears. It is horrible that spaced out feeling but i am so much better for doing the exercises.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi chris. I'm currently suffering with dizziness - well more lightheadiness, as if I'm slightly off balance. However mine's due to an inner ear problem. It's called BPPV. check this out:

http://www-surgery.ucsd.edu/ent/Pati...info_bppv.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information