Thread: panic attack symptoms

panic attack symptoms

i was curious to hear other peoples symptoms to when they get a panic attack. when i get one, i sorta get a feeling of being really really really nervous [like before you are going to make a speech in front of a bunch of people, but a thousand times worse] and then my heartbeat increases dramatically from that which then causes me to hyperventilate and thats the worst part. i wish i didnt hyperventilate. does anyone know any ways to stop hyperventilating when it happens? or to prevent it from happening in the first place?

i go really hot and get a bad stomach and hyperventilate, i've sort of got it under control i wear a band on my wrist and when i feel an attack coming on i snap it sometimes it stops me having a pa have you tried breathing exercises

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Hi there.When I get a panic attack I use a brown paper bag,and yes it does work if its used right.Placing the bag over your nose and mouth and breath into it.Your breathing should get back to a slower rate.
    I have even used them in a public place,like hospital.When your having an attack you dont care what people are thinking you dont even notice them,as your more concerned about getting your breathing back to normal.I once had to use one in the middle of our local shopping area and a lady came up to me and said she knew exactly how I was feeling.
    Learning some breathing execrsies is helpfull to.
    Take care[:P]

Ellen XX

I think my worst symptom is hyperventilation. When I feel panic in my stomach I can dismiss it if that was all I felt but I hyperventilate and that makes it a million times worse - if I could just control my breathing I would cope I think.

I have used the bag over the mouth and nose to breathe calmly and get the balanceof oxygen and carbon dioxide right - used it in the middle of my cbt session the other day - ok it is a bit weird for onlookers but it does work.

Trying to sort out my relaxationb reathing now so I can use that.

Love wenjoy x

Hi. When you get like that try to control your breathing by breathing in through your nose then slowly out through your mouth. Breathing out slowly is particularly important as it does help you to stop hyperventilating - I also tell myself in my head you're fine, you can cope and it does help.

http://www.mumszone.co.uk

Hi,

Go get the free ebook at the address below. In it are several exercises you can do to relearn how to breathe properly and control hyperventilation beside a lot of other useful information.

alicia

This helped me (so I don't go on about it!):
    www.alphadynamics.com

My main symptoms are beating heart, hyperventilating and sometimes shaky arms and legs if it's a bad attack.

I have chronic GAD and I have derealisation and depersonalisation almost all day everyday. I have learnt to just go with it.

I am at almost panic all the time. Even with meds.

I feel like my head is going to explode. feel like ill hurt someone else or myself.

Feel like Ill be hurt in some way also since i was run over.

Chop

Learning to under react

Thread Information