Thread: DIZZINESS WHEN STANDING

DIZZINESS WHEN STANDING

Hi Guys.....I was just wondering if anyone gets dizzy for a few moments when they stand. I will be working at my desk and then standup to do something and I almost have to stand still for a few moments to let the dizziness pass before I continue. It doesn't last long but I'm freaking about having a brain tumour because my ears ring sometimes aswell. Is dizziness a symptom of anxiety?. I have also started on an anxiety based anti-depressant a month ago but wasn't having any side effects. They have definately helped but this new sensation is scaring me. Please let me know if this has happened to you. Hope everyone is doing OK xx

Hi there - no its not a brain tumour - it may be low blood pressure or hunger when you get head rushes when you stand up or just anxiety as your body feels a bit woozy sometimes - just stand up slowly, drink lots of water and breathe calmly- hopefully this will help. Good luck. love Wenjoy x

This is quite common. Lots of people have this with or without anxiety. As Wenjoy says it can be because you're hungry, tired or it could be anxiety related. Sometimes when you get up too quickly you can feel dizzy as your brain takes time to adjust. Ringing in ears is quite common too. I get it every now and again.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hiya,

Here are some links on previous posts about dizzyness hope they help :

Spaciness
    Light Headed
    dizzyness
    Jules31
    Light Headed
    Very dizzy
    help :(
    vertigo, diziness
    Vertigo type sensations
    New to this site and need some advice :(
    Is my head normal???
    Anxiety + Panic + Stress + Dizziness + some relief
    Dizziness - I hate it, any help?

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

This definately sounds like low blood pressure, as everyone else has suggested. Having low blood pressure is actually a good thing and nothing to worry about - i found this on a website about it...

"If you exercise often and are in good shape you might occasionally experience dizziness and lightheadedness when you stand up quickly.Cardiovascular exercise makes your heart stronger and a stronger heart has a larger stroke volume. That is, the amount of blood pumped out during each beat is greater, so the heart doesn't have to beat as often. A slow pulse rate is an indication of a strong, healthy heart. However, a slow heart rate can sometimes lead to dizziness when you change position.

When you stand up quickly gravity pulls blood from your brain towards your feet and blood doesn't return to the brain until the next heart beat. With a slow pulse, this takes a second or two and that is enough time to feel the lack of oxygen in the symptom of lightheadedness or dizziness."

Hope that helps

It sounds like a condition called "orthostatic Hypo Tension" I was diagnosed with it some time ago. It is low blood pressure but also as you stand your blood pressure drops which causes the dizzy feeling. If it is bothersome you can talk to the doctor and they will give you a tilt test and can give you medicine to get over it.....The easiest way to rectify it is while you are sitting when you are fixint to get up pump your calves a little bit and move them around so you have blood moving as you stand.......It is a fairly simple thing to do and it helps me....I haven't had to have and medication for mine....

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

hi,
    i was admitted to hospital in jan due to fainting. turns out i too had low blood pressure (posterial hypotension)

i was so pleased it wasn't anything serious as i had panicked that the dizziness was due to something more sinister.

since being told what was the cause of my dizziness and fainting spell i've felt better about it and have done simple things like attsila has told us about. by doing these i too have avoided having to have medication for it.

Thread Information