Thread: Feel so scared, going mad can think straight

Feel so scared, going mad can think straight

Please can someone give me some advice, i think i am losing my grip with reality, this week i have been getting these weird feelings in my head/ brain like i cant think at all, like i dont know what i am doing, my stomach has severe churning when i get these feelings, my vision also feels so strange like i cant focus on anything, i feel in a dream im so scared that i am losing it cos i really cant get a grip on my thoughts or feelings thjis leads to mazzive panic all day,

As soon as i opened my eyes this morning BAM its there, feel so unreal, its not me, i cant begin to explain how bad i am feeling i am thinking of going to A&E and asking to see someone from the mental health team as i feel i am mad,

What is wrong with me why cant i think of anything, my mind feels like its got something stopping it thinking or feeling, i feel so strange, i want to call a doctor but dont know how to explain how i feel.

Does any one have any advice on this, is it my anxiety ( i am going through a bad replapse) or is it some brain diesase that is rare, or a brain tumor, or am ireally just losing it and am gonna end up locked in the funny farm, i am petrified, what is happening?

Claire

All those symptoms you're describing are to do with anxiety. I definately get the upset stomach and the morning feelings!!! I tell myself tnat if i was really ill i would be kept awake by them and i'm not. They only come when i am thinking about them!!!

Take care Love Matilda

hi clarabell. YOU ARE NOT LOSING YOUR MIND !!!!. but i wake up every morning, and the feeling is there. try and see an anxiety councellor at your doctors surgery. they are a great help. let me know.

Hi Ya I agree with Lisa its anxiety nothing terminal (tho sometimes it feels like it) go to your gp they will help you Take care best wishes kaz

i wake up every other morning, with a fuzzing in my forehead, as if it was packed with cotton wool. and thats what spoils my day, as i automatically say the words anxiety, so its playing on my mind all day. but keeping yourself occupied can take that away. i know it is hard, but the more you think of it the worse you feel. so when you wake up on a morning. the first thing you should say to yourself is. RIGHT, IM GONNA DO THIS TODAY, THEN THAT, and it will make it much easier.. take care xxx

I just got myself a copy of the Claire Weekes book and in it it says to get up as soon as you wake up and do something, rather than lie there. I have been trying this the past few days and it feels a bit better even just to get up and make myself a cuppa then sit back on my bed and read a magazine etc. It just feels a bit better than sitting there thinking and thinking as I am a sucker for too much of that!

I too reassure myself often that if I was dangerously ill I wouldnt be able to sleep as well and as soundly as I do!Good way to look at things!

your not going mad i have that feeling its a weird feeling but it is anxiety.

missacorah right about getting up although i'v not read anything by claire weekes i got fed up of lying in bed waiting for the feeling to go so i decided to try getting up and doing something i still feel fuzzy but am pleased i am able to function.
    sory if i rambled i got headache have managed to pesuade myself its not a brain tumor just stress

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

hi clarebell......you are not going mad from experience your mind is racing adrenaline is going which causes all these physical feelings like ya eyes thinking list goes on......anxiety does many things so when u wake im sure u dont realize thats the first thing on ya mind that why it all starts again like someone said get up and start being active tell ya self its only a feeling it shall pass......wish u the best..............Linda[8D]

Hi Clare,

You're not going mad, even if you feel like you are! I think what you are experiencing is called mania and disassociation - e.g. fear that you are going crazy and feeling like you're not in your own head. They are pretty nasty, horrible symptoms of panic attacks. I know because my panic attacks are always like this and I find these symptoms are the scariest part, especially if I'm out in public, as the vision problems and spaced-out feeling make it hard to ignore what's happening!

I don't know if this will help you, but I find that going for a swim (I figure there's no way of losing my balance in water!) and getting my head underwater seems to clear my head and bring me back into the real world. It might work for you too?

Hayley x

Thread Information