Thread: anxiety symptom or not?

anxiety symptom or not?

Hi all,
    Can anxiety make your eyes feel strained? I`ve had this feeling of eyestrain for days now and it`s getting unbearable . Eyes than affect my tummy aswell and it makes me feel sick as well. I had it before , it also lasted for a long time and i`ve seen the ophtalmologist the last time i had this . She said my eyes were fine. It`s driving me mad . When I went to the doctors last week she said i may have cought a bit of a flu and just have milder symptoms cause my temp was slightly raised which is also driving me to insainity now . I keep touching my forehead and worry if i really have raised temperature and there was something wrong with me all along although then it must have been wrong before as well cause how can i explain feeling this before OR my temp was raised a bit cause i worked myself up or maybe cause i was due my period and it didn`t have anything to do with the eyes and the feeling in my eyes is anxiety ...It makes me feel so so down , that is the worse thing , that i don`t know what it is , and i can`t know...don`t know is it anxiety or something else and that gives me all the reasons to worry over it....

Visual Disturbances
    eye trouble with a difference
    I am so glad I found this forum
    sparks in your vision
    Difficulty focusing
    white flashes im scared
    Vision
    my eyes!!!!
    It's back!!!
    VISION?!
    weird vision
    Burning eyes!

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Mila-
    I have alot of problems with bright light and such cuz of my anxiety . Also I have a weird distorted view of things sometimes but only when my anxiety is really bad. Not sure if that is what you mean or not. Hope you feel better real soon

Sandy
    (eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off

Thanks Meg for that ...I read it all but unfortunatelly I haven`t found myself anywhere. Yeah , I guess if things they felt are anxiety , this could be aswell , but that`s as far as I can go , saying it could be...and I`m going to bed scared still and worried and desperate to feel better when I get up tomorrow...[Sigh...]

Thanks ,Sandy ,what I feel is different , i feel it`s just difficult to look , sometimes it just feels like my eyes are so strained that they`re just gonna explode or something and that makes me feel sick. But there is no difference if i close them, i still feel the same , it`s like i`m still trying to see even though i closed my eyes if that makes any sense. Last night i was lying in bed trying to relax and sleep and at one point i realised that i can relax the rest of my body but the more i try to relax my eyes the more i`m focused on them and i feel like they`re even more tensed(the same goes for my neck , i feel i can`t ever relax my neck and i`ve also been waking up with feeling stiff since this started ,don`t know if it could be connected in a way)
    I have motion sickness and if even look at a book or something in the car my eyes go the same way i feel now and i feel sick...I don`t really know does that mean something or not....But one of the times i had this before it started with me reading in the taxi before going to my lecture and it didn`t stop for weeks...i guess cause i couldn`t stop thinking about it and broading over i...
    Oh,guys ,I am sorry about moaning so much, it`s just that i can`t deal with this ,it brings all of my fears back, i have a week off and i dread now going back to work on saturday even if it`s for 4 hours only...

hi mila

i get some weired symptoms with my panic attacks/anxiety and one o those is eyesight problems which makes me as though it looks like the lights are to bright and flickering all the time but it does eventually go after the pa subsides.

all the best

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just finding it thats the hard part

Have you read Claire Weekes books.

I remember in there she says something about any tension in the neck muscles upsetting the delicate balance between the eyes and ears.

Its hardly surprising therefore that they are affected.

I know I am sensitive to bright light and trac and I live in our sunglasses all year round dont we mate!!!! Although I think we now use them to hide behind too lol.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thank you guys for support , it means so much , everytime i see a new reply it makes me feel i`m not alone even if what you feel is not exactly the same , it makes such a difference ....

Thread Information