Thread: New and Scared

New and Scared

Hello

I'm new to the forum and scared of how I feel.

I've suffered with anxiety/panic attacks on an off for years but this is the worst I have felt.

I feel constantly shakey and like everything is unreal. The dizziness is as nightmare and I feel like I am going mad. I have intrusive thoughts that really scare me. I *know* deep down that people who really go mad don't know that they are but that doesn't help. If I feel ok for a moment I begin to feel that maybe I'm just not aware of being mad and second guess myself.

My brain has gone into overdrive and suddenly cannot contemplate stupid things like the world or the internet. For, example I was watchng tell and there was an american program on - for some reason I found myself thinking that there couldn't possible be a world with millions of peopl all doing different things at the same time, and then worried that this might mean I am schizophrenic or something which set off another panic.

I've been to the docs and been put on prozac which has worked for me in the past but I am in the horrible stage where things get worse before they get better. I also have propranalol but it doesn't do much.

I just want to feel normal and enjoy Christmas for my kids.

Can anyone relate to this or am I really going crazy?!?!

Annie x

Hi Annie, no you are not going crazy, there are lots of people here who will relate to the things you have said.
    Welcome to the site, you will meet lots of people in similar situations.

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

Hi Annie

Welcome to the forum. You are certainly not going mad and we can all relate to the thoughts you are currently experiencing, or at least very similar ones.

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi, this is my first posting to this site also. All I can really say is that I feel the same exact thing. Sometimes I am completely baffled by times passing, that the present is always happening, and then I panic. Checking out the list of syptoms on the homepage of this site always helps clear my mind though.

Hi Annie, I too have just joined; I too want to enjoy Christmas.

You're not alone and most certainly not going crazy, I relate to all that you have written.

I spent 18 mnths on Seroxat and propananol. I have suffered with panic attacks sine I was 11.

Your feeling of "is the world real" I experience too - it's like you loose grasp of what is and isn't. I feel the ultimate in fear and just explode, I've "got to get away" - It sounds so crazy when you write... it's often follwed by feeling really cold and I just want to curl up and sleep. I'm always sick, I run around my house like a loon for about 2 mins, jumpings, just getting rid of the energy.

I have tried cognitive therapy and have now been refered for phsyco therapy. I visited my GP last week to see what he could offer to relase me from the constant battle of the "attack". I find it exhausting fighting and controlling my fear, or the constant knowledge that "it might come any time".

You/ we are not alone, I often feel alone and long to be normal!! what ever that is. Thank you for your message and joining - it was nice to read..I always rely on the support of my partner through the attacks and it can be a strain on him I am sure....

Enjoy the festivites; I always remember they won't hurt you, you're safe and it will pass.

Best wishes.

Hi Annie

WELCOME TO THE SITE

Sayings it's hard to change our thoughts when high on anxiety is putting it lightly, it is sooooooo hard.
    But with alot of hard work support and time it CAN be done.
    You have come to the right place, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Hi Annie and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some great friends too!

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Welcome to NMP Annie
    This is a wonderful place to be and it's definately a place that begins to feel like home after a short time. Everyone here is very friendly and you among others who understand exactly what your going through. Together we will conquer this and stand firm.

Talia

Thanks everyone. It's reassuring to know that I am not alone and other people have felt this way without going mad.

Yesterday was a very bad day but I feel brighter but slightly nervous this morning. I'm keeping busy with the kids today to try and focus on other things.

I'm sure you'll be hearing from me a lot!

Thanks again
    Annie x x

Thread Information