Thread: giddiness?

giddiness?

Hi everyone, I've been reading your forums for a while now and find them so useful - thankyou! The symptoms messages calm me down when I start panicing about the way I'm feeling.
    I'm a 36 year old teacher and have been suffering from anxiety for about 2 months now. I've seen 2 doctors and a homeopathist and am due to meet with a CBT guy on Wednesday.
    The panic I was feeling seems to have lessened over the last week, however I still feel giddy/dizzy/lightheaded most of the time, even when not panicy. I also feel this way at night when I go to bed and when I wake up during the night. It can also feel worse if I sit down after a busy, tense day at work. Really, I'm looking for reassurance that other people experience this dizziness in bed and that it is anxiety (I've just scared myself looking at websites on Labyrinthitis!!).
    I'm not on any medication, but take rescue remedy and kali arsc 200/kali phos 200. I do find that I hold my breath and the dizziness seems worse when I'm thinking about how I'm breathing (hopefully CBT will help with this). When I'm at work I find myself very tense for most of the day and find it hard to slow down until I get home - could this also be causing the dizziness? My GP said it was because my pulse was raised, but I feel dizzy when my pulse is normal. BP normal and thyroid FBC and bio-chem blood tests were normal.
    I want to start exercising and yoga, but am scared to at the moment when I feel so dizzy. Is it safe to exercise when feeling like this?
    I feel better already, just getting this off my chest has helped!! Thank you for listening.

hi therte. i too suffer with constant lightheadedness and it seems to worsen when i go out and start work. i tend to have it on my mind all day which tenses me up and i work in a bar so i find myself getting panicky if it gets busier. i went to the docs and have done so for 3 months solid this is my 6 month feeling this way and sometimes i think how have you carried on. anyway you will get better in time and i found that by checking out this website my symptoms drifted away, dont get me wrong they were still there but not to the extent they have been its MIND OVER MATTER my worst fear is fainting in public and i think this because of how i feel but u have to ignore it and not give into your anxiety state dont let it over rule you. Carry on being the great teacher you are and say to yourself 'This aint gonna get the better of me'

hope ive helped in a way. take care

katy

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default...=cms&c=reading

welcome to this great site. have you read claire weekes books on this subject and how to overcome these symptoms and the fear of them which is the worst part.

you can get them from the site above and i feel everyone with anxiety symptoms should have her books. one is called self help for your nerves and the other is essential help for your nerves

i hope you feel less alone in here because you are not
    jackie

hi there,
    in my experience, it is absolutely normal to feel dizzy in bed when suffering from anxiety. i felt dizzy 24/7 for around 7-8 months. cbt really helped me to overcome it, as did dealing with a couple of the problems that had kickstarted the anxiety in the first place.
    as for doing yoga, as meg says it would definitely help you with breathing and also with releasing tension and generally relaxing. but if you are thinking of trying it, i would really recommend researching good yoga centres in your area first. i went to a class in my local gym that claimed to be for beginners. as it turned out, it was a mixed bag but the teacher mainly focused on the more advanced people in the class. it ended up with me spending an hour stressing out about not being able to keep up and then having a full blown panic attack when i got home!
    so i would definitely recommend going to a yoga centre with a good reputation, that has classes specifically for beginners. might be a bit more expensive but is definitely worth it. i am doing beginners hatha at the moment and it is fantastic.
    take care,
    henri x

Thank you so much for replying. I've just ordered the Claire Weekes books and am lookinfg forward to reading them.
    I've been trying to breathe properly at work and have felt less dizzy and managed to see 4 parents in my 'shortened' parents meetings!!
    Thanks for all the advice
    Helen

Thread Information