Thread: Stupid me - need reassurance

Stupid me - need reassurance

About an hour ago I started to get flashing lights in my eyes - all wavy and zig zaggy - this has happened to me (not as badly) once before so I didn't panic I sat down and stayed calem - amazing. Then I did some research and it came up as possibly a migraine aura - I have got a headache now at the back of my head. But stupidly when I was looking I saw that it could be sign of a mini stroke and so have got mysel finto a state that I might be having a stroke! I don't want to call the docs as realsitically I know it's probably nothing but have got myself worked up about it!

Annie x

Dear Annie,
    Please don't worry about seeing flashing lights etc. I have had anxiety/panic for 5 years and have experienced the same thing on many occasions. Sometimes these lights appear like sparkles, sometimes like zig-zags etc. I used to get in a right old panic about it but nothing and I mean nothing has ever come of it. When we are anxious, we are on red alert and we notice all sorts of things that we wouldn't normally. It sometimes used to happen when I went from shade to light or vice-versa. Just try and take your mind off it and it will pass, I promise. I am also one for research and sometimes it just makes matters worse. If you have other symptoms in future, try to resist the medical book and search for the symptoms on this site first.
    Hope this helps!
    Lots of love,
    Fradycat xx

Hi

Its probably just your anxiety telling your body that its ill. Try relaxing diagpramtic breathing focus on being well and you will be. Hope the headace goes soon

Keith

Visual Disturbances
    eye trouble with a difference
    I am so glad I found this forum
    sparks in your vision
    Difficulty focusing
    white flashes im scared
    Vision
    my eyes!!!!
    It's back!!!
    VISION?!
    weird vision
    Burning eyes!
    eye tic

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

sounds like migraine to me. Every time I get one, it'll start as a little dot, and grow in size until I can't see anything for about a min. or two. Then the headaches ensues.

Sounds like migraine to me too. Zig zag lines come across from the left, then I get the fuzzy blob which invades my vision then the hideous headache usually behind my eyes and temples. I am prone to migraines when I am very stressed or anxious.

Hope you feel better soon,
    Louisa

Thanks all - I am fine

I managed to stay calm through the whole thing which I found very scary but I had a really bad headache straight after so think it must have been a migraine - I took migraleve which helped but I still have a dull headach. I am proud of myself that I didn't gointo full blown panic!

Thanks guys for all your advice

Annie x

Well done for controlling it Annie

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

migranes can be a real pain. I remember the first time I had one I was in math class, and the teacher thought I was just pulling his leg, which of course made it worse.
    The next time I thought I had brain tumor or something, because of the massive pain that made me imobile for about a week.

tell your doctor your meds. dosen't work that well, theres bound to be something you can take when it comes.

I get to reading too and think I have all these terrible diseases and really you said it right; “that you worked yourself into this”. Why not reverse the situation and talk yourself out of it. You just need to be strong and try telling yourself that is just stinky thinking.
    Seeing spots can be a vitamin deficiency.
    Good Luck. I wish you well. I know the feeling.
    [8D]
    Lotta

"One Oneness One"

Thread Information