Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visual trail.....

Visual trail.....

Ok andother poorly titiled message, sorry!

For a long time I have had funny vision on things that move. It's hard to explain but it's a bit like the setting on the computer where you can get the mouse pointer to have a trail. Like whe you see something move then it takes a mini second for the images to mix.

I first eve noticed it in the night but it happens to some extent all the time. For once it is not something I am actually worried about! I have been to the opticians in the last 6 months so am up to date with eye checks, etc.

I am just interested to see if any else has ever had anything similar and whether it is another great anxiety symptom.

Annie x

Hi
    dont suffer from it but it sounds familiar, im sure i have seen Meg posting some great links before for something similiar so im sure she will know which direction to point you in, good that you have had your eyes checked and that you are not allowing this to upset you, perhaps things are settling down now
    take care

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

Thanks Nell and Nicola

None of those links sound like what I was trying to explain but I'm just putting it down to being another delight of anxiety

Thanks again
    Annie x

Yes this is a by product of anxiety. I've seen this reported before

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thanks Meg

Annie x

I was amazed to see this post! This is my one and only sympton that no one else that I know who experiences anxiety attacks are familiar with. Everyone just keeps telling me to have my eyes checked; they do need it but still this is weird stuff going on with my eyes. As you said, it is like certain lights leave trails; almost like my equilibrium is completely off or something. I see things out of the sides of my eyes that aren't even there, my head feels very strange most of the time.

Tanya Bailey

Re: Visual trail.....

Hi, I know this is 5 years after the post on seeing a "visual trail." I also know this site is concerned in general with affects of anxiety, and I'm not convinced the "visual trail" phenomenon is a product of anxiety.

I first noticed a visual trail at night, just as the first poster in this thread did. But that was many years ago and I've not seen such a trail for decades. However, just in the past year, I've started seeing visual trails again -- ghostly images of my hands trailing behind my moving hands, for example. This happens only in the early morning after I first arise.

I have had, in fact, visual distortions during times of my life that I was feeling anxiety such as a weaving street sign during a period of calm wind. But, again, that was many decades ago.

The visual trail I see now seems much more clearly associated with the time of day and not any feelings of anxiety.

I am still curious how to explain the phenomenon.

Best to all
    Trent

could be caused by visual snow, I have that really bad, it's like looking through static like you get on the tv, way worse at night.
    I think it may be connected with my migraines.
    my hand trails if im looking at it in a low lit room

Just wondering, How are you guys doing with your visual trails?

And sorry to say but not everyone with trails will have snow.
    Last edited by Noclip1; 22-02-14 at 21:55. Reason: adding info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information