Hi ya

I'm new to this site and was hoping someone will be able to offer me some reassurance ver symptoms I have been experiencing. To summarise, I think I have always suffered from health anxiety to some extent but over the past 4 years it has got much worse. Every symptom I get becomes an obsession and I get overwhelmed with thoughts that they are something really serious. My symptoms have included palpitations, missed heart beats, dizziness, headaches, feeling that I can't gat breath - each have eventually blown themsleves out if you know what I mean but not before they have caused me weeks of worry which has totally dominated my life while they lasted. For the past four years though I have had a strange throat on and off. Sometimes it's really sore, other times it feels like I can't swallow today it is sore - almost as though I have raw throat. At the moment this throat thing is my main worry and is really getting to me. My GP is brilliant and reassures me (I usually feel much better after seeing him) but I do feel a real pain having to seek this reassurance. I can't get an appointment till mid September and I'm really scared that this throat thing is something serious and I think I will have driven myself mad by the time the appointment comes. Logic tells me that as this things comes and goes and varies in severity it can't be anything really serious but that doesn't really help me cope with the sheer panic that the thought that it could be something serious gives me. So really, I just hoped someone could tell me they have experienced a sore throat as well as this constricting feeling in the throat.

I've tried relaxation, meditation and I do exercise regularly which helps with some of the symptoms but I just need some reassurance.

Thank you.

Ellie