Thread: New here - ectopic beats and dizzyness

New here - ectopic beats and dizzyness

Ive been having ectopic heartbeats for about 2 months now, and also feel dizzy alot of the time. Im 23 and keep getting really scared that i'm gonna suddenly die. I jerk awake at night feeling like my heart has stopped. I also feel feally bloated/gassy all the time.

The ectopic beats started when I had exams at uni and interviews and i'm not even sure whether i'm actually still getting them or if its just that i am constantly aware of my heartbeat. I've been referred to the hospital and wore a cardiac event monitor for a week - but have not got an appointment to get results until april. I just really want them to reassure me that everythings ok.

Ive read a few of the posts on here, and it sounds like other people experience similar symptoms. I think these symptoms may be caused by anxiety because i've been feeling ill since last summer. It started off with dizzyness, then changed to breathlessness which has gone, and now funny heartbeats and the dizzyness is back. The fact my symptoms have changed makes me think I may be bringing it on myself. Also, they have not got any worse - and I try to tell myself that anything serious would progress not stay the same. Anxiety runs strongly in my family and, although i've never experienced it before, my nan had health anxiety her whole life.

I also notice symptoms more at night, or when im not doing anything. When I am busy, I dont tend to notice them as much. They also come on much worse when I am nervous/stressed - I've had several interviews lately and felt really ill the whole time.

SO does this sound like health anxiety???

It'd be really nice to chat to anyone who's going through the same thing...

Leanne

Leanne

Sounds like a usual course of events with anxiety with rotating symptoms.

Do a bit of reading up ..

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD.

First Steps: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Health Anxiety

Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective
    Mind Games
    obsessive thoughts & anxiety
    Still suffering this damn "suggestive" thing..
    How to CURE yourself ! The definitive guide here..
    Its happening again !
    Things to consider for success!
    [Link removed as post deleted]
    Thoughts
    image projection in my mind
    You all may find this interesting......

The Battle that Rages in my Head
    struggling...
    TAKE A STAND?!

Strategies for coping
    Some of my symptoms and explinations.
    very strange panic attack symptoms
    Actute Anxiety,given ZISPIN ???? HELP
    bowels
    Since the dentist
    You can overcome this!
    What to Say when you Talk to Yourself!
    THE FINAL STEP TO RECOVERY

Palpitations
    palpatations
    Missed heartbeats!
    sorry for being silly....but....
    Palpitations? Reassurance needed and some answers!
    Missed heartbeat question again
    IS THERE ANYMORE I CAN DO????
    ectopic heart beats
    Doc made ectopic fear worse
    missed heartbeats, still worried
    Skipped Beats
    Heart reassurance
    New to site.....Palpatation freinds!!!!!
    STILL SOOO SCARED OF MISSED HEARTBEATS-LOADS AGAIN
    Multiple Skipped Beats
    Skipped Beats AGAIN!!!
    Obsessed with my heart
    Palpitations
    Eptopic Beats..im sorry please help..xxxxx

Spaciness
    Light Headed
    dizzyness
    Jules31
    Light Headed
    Very dizzy
    help :(
    vertigo, diziness
    Vertigo type sensations
    New to this site and need some advice :(
    Is my head normal???
    Anxiety + Panic + Stress + Dizziness + some relief
    Dizziness - I hate it, any help?

Nothing like a panic attack at 3:30 am
    Sudden nighttime attacks
    Waking Up With A Panic Attack In The Night
    Bad Morning !!!!!!!!!!!
    Panic attacks during sleep.
    It's Back!
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/lounge/topic

Hi leanne,

you must of read a few posts of mine on eptopic beats , they are nasty and cruel and frightening,and i hate them--- i so know where you are at, i have had axiexty for over 15 years and have had it bad, but never untilthis... each and every symtom is frightening to the individual- but this one is particuley nasty,one of the worse if you ask me.. i have them around 80 times if not more a day with chest pain,face, and neck pain and sometimes breathing isnt good either i have them all.. you are not alone.. when you are scared we are all scared with you, i know how you feel..

What did ya doc say before he sent you of to the hospital about them?
    And what sort of tests did you do love ?

anytime you want to chat about them feel free..everyone knew i would post to this poor girl didnt they..... i feel so sorry for you love ..im so with you on this one, you will get over this..
    Are you doing anything to help yourself, relaxtion, ....etc etc.. and are you on medication of any kind`

ash x

Yes, ive been reading your posts Ashley - although its horrible that you are experiencing these heartbeats, it is comforting to know that its not just me...

Im not on medication, i'm just waiting to get test results back then feel that with reassurance I will be able to get myself back on track (easier said than done, i know!). I had an ECG which was fine, but the doctor heard ectopic beats when listening to my heart. She said they are
    nearly always harmless and brought on by stress, but said to have tests just to be certain. I wore a cardiac event monitor for a week (SO uncomfortable) and am having an echocardiogram done next month.

I have tried deep breathing techniques and i just try to distract myself so i don't think about them as much - i feel as if I spend so much time checking my pulse and worrying that my hearts not right that I might be feeling something that's not actually there

Mate i do feel for you...you must be worried i think its natural to be concerned - but us guys on here are extras arnt we... we cant help being scared can we huh...hope ya get ya results soon,
    you see when i had my ecg done i wasnt experiencing eptopic beats then... i was really bad with anxiety yes thats true, but no eptopic beats were present at that time... it wasnt until a week later that i started getting them... i was getting pause in between beats but not eptopic so they see nothink.
    However because i got so concerned later about my heart i kept on and the doctor said lets get ya heart checked out once and for all, you lknow he did say that he felt it was just anxiety..but i think personally he was properley pi**ed of with my vists and just thought oh what the hell lets get the girl checked.

I have them so so bad , and like sometimes i get tham double at a time... do you know what dosnt help me the fact i have glue ear... it makes my heart bang in my ear so i can hear it more than ever , that dont bloody help.

I cant stand the mood changes in me...have been so so down about it all .. havnt even had a period for nearly 2 months..

lord please make all of this better for all of us, god make us panic free.

Oh the checking the pulse bit,we all do that one... especially the eptopic crew...its a habit ... i do it so much, sometimes wheni have managed to go out yeah,,, feeling really bad im taking my pulse under my coat so no one sees,,,, what the hell is that about lol...not funny really though .

ash xx

Thread Information