Thread: weird bright light infront of eyes

weird bright light infront of eyes

Hi everyone,,i hope you are all doing ok,,

im hoping someone can put an answer to my question as it has me around the bend,,

i have an anxiety disorder where i have constant anxiety symptoms even if im not anxious,,i get this bright light sort of thing in front of my eyes every now and then,,its like i have looked at a light then looked away,,sometimes they are bright sparkly dots and other times its a dark spot,,i have blurry vision due to my anxiety and im very sensitive to bright lights,,if i look outside then look inside where its darker it looks like everyrthing is sort of fizzing its hard to explain,,its nothing like the distorted vision from migraines as i get those,,i did think i was getting hallusinations for a while,,i only see them for a few seconds then they disapear,,has anyone experienced this or does anyone know what it is?? thankyou so much,,leanne xx

Hi Leanne,

I have lots of problems with my eyes, I am also very sensitive to light especially fluorescent lights in shops and end up wearing dark glasses most of the time. Have you had your eyes checked recently?.

Sandra x

Hi Leanne

Have a look through these posts to see if anything is similar.

Visual disturbances
    Visual Disturbances
    eye trouble with a difference
    I am so glad I found this forum
    sparks in your vision
    Difficulty focusing
    white flashes im scared
    Vision
    my eyes!!!!
    It's back!!!
    VISION?!
    weird vision
    Burning eyes!
    eye tic
    Stupid me - need reassurance
    Visual trail.....

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Hi Karen,,i just want to say thanks for them links you posted about visual disturbances,,there was quite a few that sounded like what i am experiencing,,its a relief to know im not halucinating like i first thought,,and other people have the same or similar thing,,thankyou again

hi Sandra,,thanks for you post,,i also have very sensitive eyes when it comes to the flouresent shop lights,,it makes everything look as though its moving,,or it looks like theres lots of sparkling lights on the walls when im in a shop with those lights,,i hate it,,yeah i did get my eyes tested but theyre fine,,so i just put it down to the anxiety,,somedays my eyes are worse than others and its normally when im having a really anxious day,,sunny days really knock me off balance and make me feel disorientated,,i cant wait until i can enjoy the summer again,,

Hi Leanne,
    Hope you are a bit more relaxed with the visual thing you had posted about
    I have gotten that on many occasions
    You describe it well
    Light looking at a bright and then when one turns away one sees dots- rather like the after effect of having a flash bulb go off in a camera
    I was once at work- I do a lot of paperwork- and I was in the middle of a meeting with others in the room- well, I started to get anxious because as I was looking at the white paper I started to see thse bright spots in my vision.
    I have also gotten this- at the outer corner of my vision whatever I am looking at looks digitalized as in breaking up into little pieces- don't know if I am describing it well enough to understand but it freaked me
    My eye doc said it was not a thing to worry about and in fact called it occular migraine although I didnt get a headache. Another eye doc said the same. I have a co worker, female, who has gotten this as well.
    I have also been disturbed while driving on the highway on a sunny day when the sun flicks through the trees- don't like that makes me nervous for some reason.
    Also I find ceiling fans bothersome again with the visual stuff -makes me feel anxious- was once in restaurant and made them shut off the ceiling fans by my table. LOL
    Hope you are feeling better
    Regards from across the pond,

Soup

Thread Information