Ive been having ectopic heartbeats for about 2 months now, and also feel dizzy alot of the time. Im 23 and keep getting really scared that i'm gonna suddenly die. I jerk awake at night feeling like my heart has stopped. I also feel feally bloated/gassy all the time.

The ectopic beats started when I had exams at uni and interviews and i'm not even sure whether i'm actually still getting them or if its just that i am constantly aware of my heartbeat. I've been referred to the hospital and wore a cardiac event monitor for a week - but have not got an appointment to get results until april. I just really want them to reassure me that everythings ok.

Ive read a few of the posts on here, and it sounds like other people experience similar symptoms. I think these symptoms may be caused by anxiety because i've been feeling ill since last summer. It started off with dizzyness, then changed to breathlessness which has gone, and now funny heartbeats and the dizzyness is back. The fact my symptoms have changed makes me think I may be bringing it on myself. Also, they have not got any worse - and I try to tell myself that anything serious would progress not stay the same. Anxiety runs strongly in my family and, although i've never experienced it before, my nan had health anxiety her whole life.

I also notice symptoms more at night, or when im not doing anything. When I am busy, I dont tend to notice them as much. They also come on much worse when I am nervous/stressed - I've had several interviews lately and felt really ill the whole time.

SO does this sound like health anxiety???

It'd be really nice to chat to anyone who's going through the same thing...

Leanne