Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a new and very distressed member

a new and very distressed member

Hi Everyone,

I have had anxiety for 10 years but no physical manifestations since Jan this year. I had a very bad 2005, lots of personal problems and a house guest from hell who slept with my fiance. So on Jan 13 this year I got depersonalisation for first time, which freaked me out - thought I was starting to be epileptic or have a brain tumor. Two days later got dizziness which lasted 5 days until betahistine hydrochloride tabs kicked in. I get a locking feeling in my eyes, like they are covered in a film, although I can see very well. Optician said eyes are ok. GP did blood test and said all is ok, but I didnt believe him. I'm sure he's hiding stuff from me, but he's given me 2mg diazepam which I'm scared to take in case they make me faint or collapse or something. Had soemthing which I think is a panic attack 2 weeks ago, I just had a very strong feeling that I was about to die. GP said this is normal during panic attack, is this true? Am on list for CBT treatment. I kep a bag packed in case I have to run out quickly, even joined Bupa in case it turned out to be a serious physical problem. When will this go away??

Anxiety Is Evil

Hi Farr

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here. You are certainly not alone & im sure this year will be so much better than last year, you have come through alot hun & you are stronger than you think.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

HI SORRY U ARE HAVING TOUGH TIME IT ALL SOUNDS SO FAMILIAR.U CERTAINLY ARE NOT ALONE.WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP. TAKE CARE MARCIA XX

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

the feeling that you are gonna die is sooooooo common to what you are going through, and one we sufferers feel often. i reccomend as i do to everyone that you pick up a copy of claire weekes book self help for your nerves and that will explain what you are experiencing which is simply the symptoms of anxiety and fear.

you can get it from the above site

find out how long it will b for the cbt as many swear by it

other than that, just no you are far from alone, and we are always here if you need us

take care]
    jackie

Reading for sufferers of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD.

Hello Farr, and welcome to the site.

Sorry to hear of your woes. It is usually very difficult to convince yourself that you are not seriously ill, and if you read the posts here that tell a similar story, it will help convince you that this is really survivable!

Take care,

Ray
    http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Farr,
    baby i feel for you i so do,i know how frightened you are , i know im there besideyou all the way ,ive lived with it for years.
    Now let me tellyou ,like you im scared to do anything that may just tip me ,and so taking medication is a major thing for me to, however you cant feel no worse than you do now darlin ,i know that... so think about it the medication will opnly do good not bad... well im on diazipan ...scared of taking it , but just had to..you are on 2mg the same as me as i never wanted anything too heavy, coz of the kids.. and i tell you what it does it just chills you a little, well it takes the panic away..imnot saying you wont still be worried coz you can be, but it helps you sleep a little better at night and keeps the panic attacks at bay .
    I do hope you feel better,always try and do something even if its blinking ironing..whatever dont sit and think on it, try not to talk ya self stupid over it,try not to get obsessed with it, possibley you are already...but to reduce the state of fear best works when you occupy yourself, even if you get tired, sooner or later the anxiety thinks oh s**t this perosn isnt feeding me with thougts im of, and so it walks away from you and sadley goes on to bother someone else.

I hate to see anyone suffer like this

ashley xx

Hi Farr, welcome to the site.

Hi Farr

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Hello Farr

Sorry you had a bad year.

2mg of diazepam is fine to take when you need to.

The dizziness is also common and there are also often vision problems incorporated.

Visual Disturbances
    eye trouble with a difference
    I am so glad I found this forum
    sparks in your vision
    Difficulty focusing
    white flashes im scared
    Vision
    my eyes!!!!
    It's back!!!
    VISION?!
    weird vision
    Burning eyes!
    eye tic
    Stupid me - need reassurance
    Visual trail.....

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information