Thread: Reassurance Needed Please....

Reassurance Needed Please....

Until I found this forum, I had no idea what Health Anxiety was. But it's what I've been suffering from for ages. I really hope someone/anyone can calm my worries.

I am very stressed at the moment, and have suffered with terrible anxiety and panic attacks.

A few weeks back I had terrible headaches. GP just prescribed strong painkillers that didn't do anything. The headaches were/are coupled with back neck pain/stiffness. I have also been suffering with head 'pains' - shooting pains in one specific area that happen out of the blue. Only last a few seconds, but make me catch my breath. I also have terrible ringing in my ears (that if I focus on for too long I freak out - it's constant and hasn't gone away for 3 weeks). I also feel like one eye is very slightly blurred and a bit puffy. I also feel like I have weakness in my left hand. Feels like my thumb will start 'twitching' at any moment.

It terrifies me that something awful is wrong. I know deep down that it is probably all linked to anxiety/depression - but it doesn't stop me worrying. It's affecting my work, and my relationship with my partner (who just doesn't understand what I'm going through).

Any reassurance anyone has would be great. Had full eye test a few weeks back, and all is fine, so I know it's not that. Had full blood tests done in January (after I panicked after a month of pains in my side) - and again, showed up nothing. Had an ultra-sound scan to be sure - again NOTHING!!!

I hate the way my brain works sometimes. I know I'm slipping into depression right now, and it's so horrible. It's getting sunny and warm outside, and all I can see is grey...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Worrying Is Like A Rocking Horse - It Doesn't Actually Get You Anywhere...

Hi Topaz,

When I visited the DR in December he gave me a list of symptoms of depression and headaches, headpains, migranes etc was in it. I still get it.
    Stress and depression has caused mine but also if I don't drink enough water or if I don't drink tea or coffee I get it. I think it is withdrawal or something.
    My advice would be to drink lots of water and try not to think about it for a month and see if it goes. stressing about it will not make them go away. lots of rest too helps.

There is lots of support on this site and lots of info. I find a walk in the fresh air helps too.

Muscari

Hi Topaz

Welcome to the club! You will find there are a lot of us in the same boat with health anxiety.....

Try and look at as many of the posts Karen has put on for you - your symptoms are very common amongst us. I used to have excrutiating headaches and my eye lid would droop (they ended up being called migraines although they didn't really fit the criteria) - and it was definitely caused by stress/anxiety. I have had just about every symptom anxiety can produce at some point!!

CBT counselling seems to be the most helpful thing, but also doing all the things recommended by Meg on this website, relaxation techniques, positive visualisations etc can make a huge difference...

You're not alone, you're not mad and you can get better!!!

Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

Hi Topaz

Im sorry that you are feeling this way right now as i truly understand how you feel and the way that this monster takes over your life.
    Everyone else with the same symptoms as you has anxiety, but you feel right now that you are the one who has something seriously wrong with you and why doesnt anyone understand how you feel, etc etc. Been there honey done that bought the t shirt.......... threw the t shirt away, just like you can too. I cant tell you what will work for you , i can only tell you what helped me finally lift the cloud. I asked my gp to refer me to a comunity psychiatric nurse who helped me work through a serious of self help books (based on cbt principles) and this helped me change the way i think, i guess you couls simplify things and say that eg 2 friends went to their usual lunch place to discover it was closed, 1 friend said oh no thats awful, i dont want to eat elsewhere what will we do now, and the other said great this gives us a chance to try someplace new, and thats what he has helped me to do. its not what happens to you in life thats the problem its how we deal with it, he has also now refered me on for cbt now that i am doing well and able to really concentrate on the therapy. Im not all there yet but now i would say im pretty near normal, i still have the scary thoughts but they only last a few seconds then i banish them. It is possible for you to beat this, i though i was the worse case but i have made big improvements. Sorry if i have waffled on its just that your post reminded me so much of myself and i wanted to offer you encouragement. If you want anymore informatiom, message me, it will save me boring everyone else

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

Thread Information